[Gluster-devel] Reducing regression runs (hopefully)

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 10:33:03 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm looking to reduce the number of times we run regressions. It takes a lot of
time and often times, it's not needed.

We carry over the regression flags on rebase[1] and no code change[2] in Gerrit
settings. However, Verified flag is cleared. When we re-grant the verify, we
run regressions again. We also run regression tests for changes in the extras/
folder.

I have a few proposals to reduce this turn around time:

1. We do not clear the Verified tag. This means if you want to re-run
   regressions you have to manually trigger it. If your patch is rebased on top
   of another patch, you may have to retrigger failing regressions manually.
2. We do give automatic +1 for regressions if the change is *only* in
   `extras/`, to MAINTAINERS file and other no-op changes. Please correct me
   here. I think the changes here do not affect regressions. If I'm wrong and
   they do, I'd love to know which files do affect regressions. I've taken the
   MAINTAINERS file as an example, I'm also curious to know what other no-op
   changes can be made.

[1]: https://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/Documentation/2.12.3/config-labels.html#label_copyAllScoresIfNoChange
[2]: https://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/Documentation/2.12.3/config-labels.html#label_copyAllScoresIfNoChange

--