[Gluster-devel] Snapshot Scheduler

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Jul 12 21:07:06 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 12:37:17AM +0530, Avra Sengupta wrote:
> Thanks Joe for the feedback. We are aware of the following issue, and we
> will try and address this by going for a more generic approach, which will
> not have platform dependencies.

I'm mostly in favour of using the standard functionalities that other
components already provide. Use systemd-timers when available, and cron
as fallback would have my preference. Not sure how much my opinion
counts, but I hope you'll take it into consideration. Writing a bug-free
scheduler from scratch is difficult :-)

Niels