[Gluster-devel] NLMv4 isn't available over UDP

Sponge Tsui jingjinglake at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 05:30:34 UTC 2016

hi, I'm sorry to ask for help if it is a common question. I noticed
that in glusterfs NLMv4 is only available over TCP,but not available
over UDP as the show of "rpcinfo -p" when using glusterfs to export
volumes through NFS protocol. The result is as follow:

    program vers proto   port  service
    100000    4   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    3   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    4   udp    111  portmapper
    100000    3   udp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100005    3   tcp  38465  mountd
    100005    1   tcp  38466  mountd
    100003    3   tcp   2049  nfs
    100021    4   tcp  38468  nlockmgr
    100227    3   tcp   2049
    100021    1   udp    868  nlockmgr
    100021    1   tcp    869  nlockmgr
    100024    1   udp  34507  status
    100024    1   tcp  40511  status

I want to find out that why NLMv4 wasn't supported over UDP while
NLMv4 has been supported over TCP already. Whether or not NLMv4 over
UDP would be took into account.

Please excuse me if I've used bad terminology. Maybe it's because of
some other issues that i didn't realize. To be honest, I'm a newcomer
for glusterfs less than a mouth.

Thanks for your attention. I'm looking forward to your reply, and any
answers will be appreciated !