[Gluster-devel] tests/basic/tier/tier.t failure in NetBSD

Joseph Fernandes josferna at redhat.com
Sun Feb 28 11:18:37 UTC 2016

Hi All,

1. record-metadata-heat.t is already added to bad test: As far as the feature goes its just test the switch
   on the recording of metadata heat. We are aware of the issue here its not the feature but the timing that is used in the test.
   We will be working on it once our priority list of things are addressed.
2. I just had a look at the tier.t failure case. The tests fails at test 45. i.e detach command failure. We can have a look at it and will fix it.
3. Jeff could you please point us to the failure link of fops-during-migration-pause.t so that we can investigate.

Now about tiering test files. Most of the times the tiering tests have failed due to the timing issues of checking status.
i.e synchronizing when file gets promoted and demoted. and its very difficult to have this synchronized with the t file infra (tiering team can add more to this.)
But just to tell that user data is unsafe on this premise would not be correct, as any data loss or corruption or unavailability is already handled in the t files
of tiering.
We will put our best effort to tackle these issues asap.

Regards,
Joe