[Gluster-devel] tests/basic/tier/tier.t failure in NetBSD

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Sun Feb 28 10:13:20 UTC 2016

> The above test failed here [1]
>
> [1]
> https://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-netbsd7-regression-triggered/14590/consoleFull

I just got a similar failure on another (trivial) patch.

https://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-netbsd7-regression-triggered/14640/consoleFull

My failed-test-analysis script shows the following:

   nine more failures for tier.t
   two for fops-during-migration-pause.t
   one for record-metadata-heat.t

Failures from these tests outnumber failures from all other tests
combined, by a long shot, and I doubt that it's because *any* of the
patches that had to be re-tested had anything whatsoever to do with
tiering.

I propose that tiering and its tests be disabled on NetBSD.  I doubt
that anybody uses the feature on that platform, and this frequency of
test failures suggests that their data would be at risk if they tried.
When tiering on Linux becomes stable, we can consider tiering on NetBSD
as a feature in a future release.