[Gluster-devel] FYI: change in bugzilla version(s) starting with the 3.9 release

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Wed Aug 17 16:11:22 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 17 August 2016, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <kkeithle at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In today's Gluster Community Meeting it was tentatively agreed that we
> will change how we report the GlusterFS version for glusterfs bugs.
>
> Starting with the 3.9 release there will only be a "3.9" version in
> bugzilla; compared to the current scheme where there are, e.g., 3.8.0,
> 3.8.1, ..., 3.8.x versions in bugzilla.

May I ask what is the benefit we are going to get from this change?
Personally I am more inclined towards the existing option as users can
select the version and do not have to mention it in the comment. Sometimes
users may forget to report the version in the comment and we need to do
back and forth on this, instead having a specific release version on which
the bug can be filed looks a better option IMO.

--
--Atin