[Gluster-devel] Renaming Heketi CLI

Luis Pabon lpabon at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 04:36:56 UTC 2016

Hi all,
  As you may know, Heketi (https://github.com/heketi/heketi) is a service that allows volumes to be created on demand from any number of GlusterFS clusters.  The program heketi-cli was at first created as a sample application for developers, but now that we will be working on it to be used by users, I am not sure if the name is appropriate, and is probably confusing.  My question is, should the program still be called "heketi-cli"?.  I am thinking it should be called something along the lines of GlusterFS-family-like program:

Here are some names for the cli:

$ glfs-heketi volume create ...

or

$ glfs volume create ...