[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] VM fs becomes read only when one gluster node goes down

André Bauer abauer at magix.net
Mon Oct 26 19:08:15 UTC 2015

Thanks guys!
My volume info is attached at the bottom of this mail...

@ Josh
As you can see, i already have a 5 second ping timeout set. I will try
it with 3 seconds.

Not sure, if i want to have errors=continue on the fs level but i will
give it a try, if its the only possibility to get automatic failover work.

@ Roman
I use qemu with libgfapi to access the images. So no glusterfs entries
in fstab for my vm hosts. It also seems this is kind of deprecated:

http://blog.gluster.org/category/mount-glusterfs/

"`backupvolfile-server` - This option did not really do much rather than
provide a 'shell' script based failover which was highly racy and
wouldn't work during many occasions.  It was necessary to remove this to
make room for better options (while it is still provided for backward
compatibility in the code)"

@ all
Can anybody tell me how Glusterfs handles this internaly?
Is the libgfapi client already aware of the server which replicates the
image?
Is there a way i can configure it manualy for a volume?

Volume Name: vmimages
Type: Distributed-Replicate
Volume ID: 029285b2-dfad-4569-8060-3827c0f1d856
Number of Bricks: 2 x 2 = 4
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: storage1.domain.local:/glusterfs/vmimages
Brick2: storage2.domain.local:/glusterfs/vmimages
Brick3: storage3.domain.local:/glusterfs/vmimages
Brick4: storage4.domain.local:/glusterfs/vmimages
Options Reconfigured:
network.ping-timeout: 5
performance.quick-read: off
performance.read-ahead: off
performance.io-cache: off
performance.stat-prefetch: off
cluster.eager-lock: enable
network.remote-dio: enable
cluster.quorum-type: auto
cluster.server-quorum-type: server
auth.allow:
192.168.0.21,192.168.0.22,192.168.0.23,192.168.0.24,192.168.0.25,192.168.0.26
server.allow-insecure: on
storage.owner-uid: 2000
storage.owner-gid: 2000

Regards
André

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
André Bauer

MAGIX Software GmbH
André Bauer
Administrator
August-Bebel-Straße 48
01219 Dresden
GERMANY

tel.: 0351 41884875
e-mail: abauer at magix.net
abauer at magix.net <mailto:Email>
www.magix.com <http://www.magix.com/>

Geschäftsführer | Managing Directors: Dr. Arnd Schröder, Klaus Schmidt
Amtsgericht | Commercial Register: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 127205

Find us on:

<http://www.facebook.com/MAGIX> <http://www.twitter.com/magix_de>
<http://www.youtube.com/wwwmagixcom> <http://www.magixmagazin.de>
The information in this email is intended only for the addressee named
above. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and
may be unlawful. MAGIX does not warrant that any attachments are free
from viruses or other defects and accepts no liability for any losses
resulting from infected email transmissions. Please note that any
views expressed in this email may be those of the originator and do
not necessarily represent the agenda of the company.