[Gluster-devel] Object Quotas

Vijaikumar Mallikarjuna vmallika at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 06:45:47 UTC 2015

Hi Prashanth,

Thank you for the feedback, please find my comments inline.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Prashanth Pai <ppai at redhat.com> wrote:

> It would be good to expose the object count (dir and file separate) to
> client via a virtual xattr. I have a use-case to know the number of files
> without even having to set/use quota.
>
> If quota is enabled, you can get this data by doing getxattr
'trusted.glusterfs.quota.size.xx' from a auxiliary mount point.
As of now quota 'list/list-objects' will list the usage only if limit is
set. We will enhance this command to list the usage even if quota limit is
not set, I have file a bug for the same bug# 1284752.
You can get this data in xml format as well

> > Commands supported for 'Object Quotas'
> > # volume quota <VOLNAME> list-objects [<path>]
> > # volume quota <VOLNAME> remove-objects <path>
>
> The command "list-objects" and "remove-objects" is confusing. What it
> really does is something like "list-object-limit" and "remove-object-limit".
>
> Yes, list-objects is to list the count, remove-objects is to remove the
object limit set