[Gluster-devel] Object Quotas

Prashanth Pai ppai at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 04:53:32 UTC 2015

It would be good to expose the object count (dir and file separate) to client via a virtual xattr. I have a usecase to know the number of files without even having to set/use quota.

> Commands supported for 'Object Quotas'
> # volume quota <VOLNAME> list-objects [<path>]
> # volume quota <VOLNAME> remove-objects <path>

The command "list-objects" and "remove-objects" is confusing. What it really does is something like "list-object-limit" and "remove-object-limit".

Thanks.