[Gluster-devel] Moratorium on new patch acceptance

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Thu May 28 02:46:44 UTC 2015

On 05/22/2015 11:45 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> On 05/21/2015 12:07 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:

>>> Update for today - all tests that are known to fail have owners. Thanks
>>> everyone for chipping in! I think we should be able to lift this
>>> moratorium and resume normal patch acceptance shortly.
>>>

>> Today's update - Pranith fixed a bunch of failures in erasure coding and
>> Avra removed a test that was not relevant anymore - thanks for that!
>>
>> Quota, afr, snapshot & tiering tests are being looked into. Will provide
>> an update on where we are with these tomorrow.
>>

> A few tests have not been readily reproducible. Of the remaining tests,
> all but the following have either been root caused or we have patches in
> review:
>
>      ./tests/basic/mount-nfs-auth.t
>      ./tests/performance/open-behind.t
>      ./tests/basic/ec/ec-5-2.t
>      ./tests/basic/quota-nfs.t
>
> With some reviews and investigations of failing tests happening over the
> weekend, I am optimistic about being able to accept patches as usual
> from early next week.

We are now left with only two tests that need to be fixed:

./tests/basic/quota-anon-fd-nfs.t
./tests/basic/mount-nfs-auth.t

Both these tests do seem to need additional cycles to be fixed. Hence I
am lifting the moratorium of patch acceptance on master and will retain
these tests in is_bad_test().

patch acceptance on release-3.7 will resume after we reach a similar
state on the branch. We already have a few backports. So I expect
moratorium on release-3.7 to happen shortly. I will send out a note when
we reach there.

Thanks everyone for your co-operation through this! We have more
reliable regression tests now and let us ensure that we address any
failing regression test immediately in the future. That will help us
prevent accrual of technical debt & moratoriums of this nature :).

Thanks,
Vijay