[Gluster-devel] good job on fixing heavy hitters in spurious regressions

Krishnan Parthasarathi kparthas at redhat.com
Sat May 9 05:23:42 UTC 2015

> Hmm... I am not sure, most of the fixes in the last week I saw were bugs
> in tests or .rc files. The failures in afr and ec were problems that
> existed even in 3.6. They are showing up more now probably because 3.7
> is a bit more parallel.

If we merged features ahead in time and spaced them well we would be facing
lesser no. of regression (if at all) at any given time. This is a _qualitative_
argument for how we could reduce the no. of outstanding regressions failures.
Does that make sense?

> How about moving these tests to the respective component and not
> accepting tests in other components to be under tests/bugs/glusterd in
> future?

I would encourage test authors to proactively move their tests out of glusterd
if all they are doing is testing the CLI for their feature. That is not
'core' glusterd. Please email gluster-devel if your test doesn't fit this description.
Hope that should help.

~kp