[Gluster-devel] good job on fixing heavy hitters in spurious regressions

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Fri May 8 19:55:12 UTC 2015

On 05/08/2015 09:14 AM, Krishnan Parthasarathi wrote:

> [...]
Hmm... I am not sure, most of the fixes in the last week I saw were bugs
in tests or .rc files. The failures in afr and ec were problems that
existed even in 3.6. They are showing up more now probably because 3.7
is a bit more parallel.

Pranith

>> Here are some of the things that I can think of:
>> 0) Maintainers should also maintain tests that are in their component.
> It is not possible for me as glusterd co-maintainer to 'maintain' tests that are added
> under tests/bugs/glusterd. Most of them don't test core glusterd functionality.
> They are almost always tied to a particular feature whose implementation had bugs
> in its glusterd code. I would expect the test authors (esp. the more recent ones) to chip in.
> Thoughts/Suggestions?
How about moving these tests to the respective component and not
accepting tests in other components to be under tests/bugs/glusterd in
future?

Pranith