[Gluster-devel] netbsd regression logs

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Sat May 2 06:29:26 UTC 2015

On 05/02/2015 09:08 AM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:

> On 05/02/2015 08:54 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
>> Pranith Kumar Karampuri <pkarampu at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Seems like glusterd failure from the looks of it: +glusterd folks.
>>>
>>> Running tests in file ./tests/basic/cdc.t
>>> volume delete: patchy: failed: Another transaction is in progress for
>>> patchy. Please try again after sometime.
>>> [18:16:40] ./tests/basic/cdc.t ..
>>> not ok 52
>>
>> This is a volume stop that fails. Logs says a lock is held by an UUID
>> which happeens to be the volume's own UUID.
>>
>> I tried git bisect and it seems to be related to
>> http://review.gluster.org/9918 but I am not completely sure (I may have
>> botched by git bisect)
>
> I'm looking into this.
Looking at the logs, here is the findings:

- gluster volume stop got timed out at cli because of which
cmd_history.log didn't capture it.
- glusterd acquired the volume lock in volume stop but didn't release it
somehow as gluster v delete failed saying another transaction is in progress
- For gluster volume stop transaction I could see glusterd_nfssvc_stop
was triggered but after that it didn't log anything for almost two
minutes, but catching point here is by this time volinfo->status should
have been marked as stopped and persisted in the disk, but gluster v
info didn't reflect the same.

Is this reproducible in netbsd everytime, if yes I would need a VM to
further debug it. I am guessing that the reason of other failure from
tests/geo-rep/georep-setup.t is same. Is it a new regression failure ?

~Atin

--
~Atin