[Gluster-devel] Spurious Failures in regression runs

Nithya Balachandran nbalacha at redhat.com
Tue Mar 31 06:32:28 UTC 2015

I'll take a look at the hangs.

Regards,
Nithya

----- Original Message -----
From: "Justin Clift" <justin at gluster.org>
To: "Vijay Bellur" <vbellur at redhat.com>
Cc: "Gluster Devel" <gluster-devel at gluster.org>, "Nithya Balachandran" <nbalacha at redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 31 March, 2015 5:40:29 AM
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Spurious Failures in regression runs

On 30 Mar 2015, at 18:54, Vijay Bellur <vbellur at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are attempting to capture all known spurious regression failures from the jenkins instance in build.gluster.org at [1].
> The issues listed in the etherpad impede our patch merging workflow and need to be sorted out before we branch
> release-3.7. If you happen to be the owner of one or more issues in the etherpad, can you please look into the failures and
> have them addressed soon?

To help show up more regression failures, we ran 20x new VM's
in Rackspace with a full regression test each of master head
branch:

 * Two hung regression tests on tests/bugs/posix/bug-1113960.t
   * Still hung in case anyone wants to check them out
     * 162.242.167.96
     * 162.242.167.132
     * Both allowing remote root login, and using our jenkins
       slave password as their root pw

* 2 x failures on ./tests/basic/afr/sparse-file-self-heal.t
  Failed tests:  1-6, 11, 20-30, 33-34, 36, 41, 50-61, 64

  Added to etherpad

* 1 x failure on ./tests/bugs/disperse/bug-1187474.t
  Failed tests:  11-12

  Added to etherpad

* 1 x failure on ./tests/basic/uss.t
  Failed test:  153

  Already on etherpad

Looks like our general failure rate is improving. :)  The hangs
are a bit worrying though. :(

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--