[Gluster-devel] feature/trash and NetBSD

Anoop C S achiraya at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 05:56:02 UTC 2015

On 03/18/2015 10:37 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to get tests/features/trash.t to pass on NetBSD (it would be
> nice for me if people modifying or adding test case could care about
> NetBSD regression).

Sorry for the trouble.

> The test fails because when writing to a new file, NetBSD kernel starts
> by sending SETATTR with the new size, then WRITE with data. When the
> SETATTR hits the trash xlator, it thinks a truncate occured and create
> an empty file in the trash. Later the test checks how many file there
> are in .trashcan and it choke because of this extra file.

Trash translator creates the original file inside .trashcan directory on
receiving a truncate/ftruncate call and then truncates the file. During
the above mentioned procedure, whether a truncate/ftruncate call is
issued internally?

> I guess I will have to look at how I could inhibit the unexpected
> SETATTR, but beside this, does it makes sense to save a copy of the file
> when SETATTR just increase its size?

We have started looking into the failures. And I see many instances of
the following error:
du: unknown option -- b
usage: du [-H | -L | -P] [-a | -d depth | -s] [-cghikmnrx] [file ...]

--Anoop C S.