[Gluster-devel] feature/trash and NetBSD

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Wed Mar 18 05:07:58 UTC 2015

Hi

I am trying to get tests/features/trash.t to pass on NetBSD (it would be
nice for me if people modifying or adding test case could care about
NetBSD regression).

The test fails because when writing to a new file, NetBSD kernel starts
by sending SETATTR with the new size, then WRITE with data. When the
SETATTR hits the trash xlator, it thinks a truncate occured and create
an empty file in the trash. Later the test checks how many file there
are in .trashcan and it choke because of this extra file.

I guess I will have to look at how I could inhibit the unexpected
SETATTR, but beside this, does it makes sense to save a copy of the file
when SETATTR just increase its size?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz