[Gluster-devel] split-brain-healing.t failure on NetBSD

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Sun Mar 15 14:57:59 UTC 2015

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu at netbsd.org> wrote:

> NetBSD passes the tests because before the test can fail, the client
> goes into afr_inode_refresh_done(), where spit brain is detected and
> repaired by syntask with a afr_refresh_selfheal_wrap() callback.

Here is how I understand it: the split brain has been created by direct
operations on the bricks, there is no pending operations in xattr.

We go through: afr_inode_refresh_done() -> afr_replies_interpret() ->
afr_accuse_smallfiles(). Here we discover one of the brick has a smaller
and accuse it. This way the file can be healed.

Question: how was it supposed to fail?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz