[Gluster-devel] split-brain-healing.t failure on NetBSD

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Sun Mar 15 05:47:45 UTC 2015

Hello

split-brain-healing.t always fail on NetBSD on test 17: after we took
down bricks, modifed files in the backend and restarted everything, we
test that we indeed produced a split brain:

############### Acessing the files should now give EIO.
TEST ! cat file1

NetBSD passes the tests because before the test can fail, the client
goes into afr_inode_refresh_done(), where spit brain is detected and
repaired by syntask with a afr_refresh_selfheal_wrap() callback.

I assume that Linux can pass the test (that is get an EIO) because it
fails because syntask completion. There is a race there between
self-healing ability and split-brain test.

Any idea how it can be fixed? The test itself seems wrong to me.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz
manu at netbsd.org