[Gluster-devel] [heketi] Heketi API review

Atin Mukherjee atin.mukherjee83 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 02:39:12 UTC 2015

-Atin
Sent from one plus one
On Jun 29, 2015 8:07 AM, "Luis Pabon" <lpabon at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>   Now that Heketi is out of the prototype/demo state and has refocused to
just GlusterFS support, we need to finalize the API.  The implementation
may or may not finish the entire API set, but it will need to do enough for
Manila and Kubernetes to consume.  Although the proposed API is quite
simple, please review the API, checking to make sure that the proposed API
makes it easy to add future features.  I would like to finalize the API by
Friday, so that clients like Manila, Kubernetes, and Heketi's own, can
start programming against the interface soon after (heketi will implement
the approved API with a mock backend for client developement).  The goal is
to finish the Heketi GlusterFS implementation by late August to start
testing.

https://github.com/heketi/heketi/wiki/API/c4be1ddcfd17e72117ebc584d646eec2987fcb58

> If possible, please provide feedback here:
https://github.com/heketi/heketi/issues/36 , if not, you can reply to this
email.
I will start reviewing it and get back to you Luis.