[Gluster-devel] [heketi] Heketi API review

Luis Pabon lpabon at redhat.com
Mon Jun 29 02:37:49 UTC 2015

Hi all,
  Now that Heketi is out of the prototype/demo state and has refocused to just GlusterFS support, we need to finalize the API.  The implementation may or may not finish the entire API set, but it will need to do enough for Manila and Kubernetes to consume.  Although the proposed API is quite simple, please review the API, checking to make sure that the proposed API makes it easy to add future features.  I would like to finalize the API by Friday, so that clients like Manila, Kubernetes, and Heketi's own, can start programming against the interface soon after (heketi will implement the approved API with a mock backend for client developement).  The goal is to finish the Heketi GlusterFS implementation by late August to start testing.

Here is the proposed API:
https://github.com/heketi/heketi/wiki/API

Here is the old one for the prototype used by the demo:
https://github.com/heketi/heketi/wiki/API/c4be1ddcfd17e72117ebc584d646eec2987fcb58

If possible, please provide feedback here: https://github.com/heketi/heketi/issues/36 , if not, you can reply to this email.

Thank you,

- Luis