[Gluster-devel] NetBSD regression tests hanging after ./tests/basic/mgmt_v3-locks.t

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Fri Jun 19 04:00:07 UTC 2015

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu at netbsd.org> wrote:

> > We again hit this problem [1]. Can we use soft mount with some retries and
> > timeouts so that we don't need manual intervention to recover a hung VM?
>
> Um, looking at the current test scripts, we already do it.

A side note: It seems the hung case is always with dd(1). I have beven
caught tests using quota.c undergoing the same failure.

The only tests that do NFS mount + dd(1) are:

tests/basic/ec/nfs.t
tests/basic/mount-nfs-auth.t
tests/bugs/glusterfs/bug-872923.t
tests/bugs/quota/bug-1153964.t

Perhaps it is time to add options to quota.c and use it everywhere? It
would be interesting to understand what makes dd(1) hang while quota.c
is fine, though.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz