[Gluster-devel] NetBSD regression tests hanging after ./tests/basic/mgmt_v3-locks.t

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Fri Jun 19 03:46:35 UTC 2015

Vijay Bellur <vbellur at redhat.com> wrote:

> We again hit this problem [1]. Can we use soft mount with some retries and
> timeouts so that we don't need manual intervention to recover a hung VM?

Um, looking at the current test scripts, we already do it. In
tests/nfs.rc, both for Linux and NetBSD:
        opt="soft,intr,vers=3$opt"

mount -vvv shows the options are indeed honoured. timeo is not specifed,
but a default of 300 is used on NetBSD.

This means the dd process getting stuck in tstile because glusterfsd
died is probably a NetBSD kernel bug. I have to investigate.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz
manu at netbsd.org