[Gluster-devel] Notes on "brick multiplexing" in 4.0

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Tue Jun 16 14:50:25 UTC 2015

On 15 Jun 2015, at 20:35, Jeff Darcy <jdarcy at redhat.com> wrote:
> I've written up some thoughts about how to have multiple bricks sharing a single process/port, since this is necessary to support other 4.0 features and is likely to be a bit tricky to implement.  Comments welcome here:
>
> https://goo.gl/27L9I5

Reading through that, it sounds like a well thought out approach.

Did you consider a super-lightweight version first, which only has
a process listening on one port for multiplexing traffic, and then
passes the traffic to individual processes running on the server?

  eg similar to how common IPv4 NAT does, but for gluster traffic

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--