[Gluster-devel] Rebalance is not working in single node cluster environment.

Anand Nekkunti anekkunt at redhat.com
Sat Jun 13 09:11:52 UTC 2015

On 06/13/2015 02:27 PM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:

> Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4
> On 13 Jun 2015 13:15, "Raghavendra Talur" <raghavendra.talur at gmail.com
> <mailto:raghavendra.talur at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >

> > On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 1:00 PM, Atin Mukherjee
> <atin.mukherjee83 at gmail.com <mailto:atin.mukherjee83 at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >>
> >> Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4

> current test frame work ).  I am getting error in below test , it
> seems re-balance is not migrated to  current cluster test framework.
> >> Could you pin point which test case fails and what log do you see?

> > If it is a crash of glusterd when you do rebalance start, it is
> because of FORTIFY_FAIL in libc.
> > Here is the patch that Susant has already sent:
> http://review.gluster.org/#/c/11090/
> >
> > You can verify that it is the same crash by checking the core in
> gdb; a SIGABRT would be raised
> > after strncpy.

glusterd  is not crashing, but I am getting rebalance status as fail  in
my test case. It is happening in test frame work ( any simulated cluster
environment in same node ) only.
RCA:
1. we are passing always "localhost" as volfile server for rebalance
xlator .
   2.Rebalance processes are  overwriting  unix socket and log files
each other (All rebalance processes are creating socket with same name) .

I will send patch for this

Regards
Anand.N