[Gluster-devel] Gluster Coreutils

Craig Cabrey craigcabrey at fb.com
Fri Jun 12 16:48:59 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

This summer I am an intern at Facebook working on the Gluster team. Part of my project for the summer includes developing a set of coreutils that utilizes the Gluster C API natively.

This project is similar in nature to the NFS coreutils that some of you may have heard about from the other Facebook engineers at the Gluster summit recently. I just wanted to reach out to the Gluster community to gather ideas, potential features, feedback, and direction.

The initial set of utilities that I am developing includes the following:

* cat
* mkdir
* put (read from stdin and write to a file)
* mv
* ls
* rm
* tail