[Gluster-devel] Fwd: "gluster peer probe" on localhost should fail with appropriate value

Atin Mukherjee atin.mukherjee83 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 13:47:31 UTC 2015

-Atin
Sent from one plus one
On Jul 17, 2015 5:32 PM, "Manikandan Selvaganesh" <mselvaga at redhat.com>
wrote:

> --
> Regards,
> Manikandan Selvaganesh.

success. Probe on localhost not needed" with a ret value of 0.

> As per the discussion with Satheesaran(QE), since, we are showing a
warning message, "Probe on localhost not needed", so, would it be better if
we show "peer probe: failure: Probe on localhost not needed" with a ret
value of -1.
My only concern on the patch is are we breaking any automation or not. I
think it makes sense to forward this query to gluster-user mailing list and
get the feedback from the users.

> In my opinion, it would be better to change if no script is dependent on
this ret value. Are there any automation scripts or other functions which
uses this ret value or is there any reason to not return an error(ret = -1)?

> I have sent a patch[1] changing the ret value to -1 if its a local host
and "gluster peer probe $localhost" would show "peer probe: failed: Probe
on localhost not needed".