[Gluster-devel] NetBSD regression tests not Initializing...

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Jul 14 09:53:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 06:04:44PM +0200, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 07:13:53PM +0530, Kaushal M wrote:
> > I've taken this slave and one other offline and am rebooting it.
>
> Reminder that you do not need to take teh system offline for rebooting.
> I normally follow these steps to get hung systems back functional:
>
> 1. verify stuck job, NFS unmount related?
> 2. open http://build.gluster.org/view/Infra/job/reboot-vm/build
> 3. login on Jenkins
> 4. start the reboot-vm job for the stuck system
> 5. wait until the job finished
> 6. click the "abort" [x] link on the stuck job
> 7. retrigger the job after aborting has been done (reload page)
>
> These hangs do not seem to happen on tests from the master branch
> anymore, only on release-3.7. I think this is a confirmation that the
> reference counting for auth-cache structures in gluster/nfs is a working
> solution.
>
> We should backport these changes:
>
> - nfs: add a gf_lock_t for the auth_cache->cache_dict
>   http://review.gluster.org/11021
>
> - core: add "gf_ref_t" for common refcounting structures
>   http://review.gluster.org/11022
>   (already done through http://review.gluster.org/11421)
>
> - nfs: refcount each auth_cache_entry and related data_t
>   http://review.gluster.org/11023
>
> - refcount: correct the documentation
>   http://review.gluster.org/11328
>

> I'll try to send backports later this week (maybe Thursday?), unless
> someone else beats me to it. Please reply to this thread if you file a
> bug for this and send some backports.

The above backports have been posted. These should prevent the
Gluster/NFS crashes in the regression tests, and therefor prevent the
hanging of NetBSD on unmounting NFS (when the NFS-server died).

Please check these patches, and merge them when ready:

   http://review.gluster.org/#/q/status:open+project:glusterfs+branch:release-3.7+topic:bug-1242515

Thanks,
Niels