[Gluster-devel] NetBSD regression tests not Initializing...

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Jul 7 16:04:44 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 07:13:53PM +0530, Kaushal M wrote:
> I've taken this slave and one other offline and am rebooting it.

Reminder that you do not need to take teh system offline for rebooting.
I normally follow these steps to get hung systems back functional:

1. verify stuck job, NFS unmount related?
2. open http://build.gluster.org/view/Infra/job/reboot-vm/build
3. login on Jenkins
4. start the reboot-vm job for the stuck system
5. wait until the job finished
6. click the "abort" [x] link on the stuck job
7. retrigger the job after aborting has been done (reload page)

These hangs do not seem to happen on tests from the master branch
anymore, only on release-3.7. I think this is a confirmation that the
reference counting for auth-cache structures in gluster/nfs is a working
solution.

We should backport these changes:

- nfs: add a gf_lock_t for the auth_cache->cache_dict
  http://review.gluster.org/11021

- core: add "gf_ref_t" for common refcounting structures
  http://review.gluster.org/11022
  (already done through http://review.gluster.org/11421)

- nfs: refcount each auth_cache_entry and related data_t
  http://review.gluster.org/11023

- refcount: correct the documentation
  http://review.gluster.org/11328

I'll try to send backports later this week (maybe Thursday?), unless
someone else beats me to it. Please reply to this thread if you file a
bug for this and send some backports.

Thanks,
Niels