[Gluster-devel] Reg. multi thread epoll NetBSD failures

Anand Avati avati at gluster.org
Sat Jan 24 05:36:44 UTC 2015

Since all of epoll code and its multithreading is under ifdefs, netbsd
should just continue working as single threaded poll unaffected by the
patch. If netbsd kqueue supports single shot event delivery and edge
triggered notification, we could have an equivalent implantation on netbsd
too. Even if kqueue does not support these features, it might well be worth
implementing a single threaded level triggered kqueue based event handler,
and promote netbsd from suffering from sucky vanilla poll.

Thanks