[Gluster-devel] Spurious regression failure analysis from runs over the wkend

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 14:39:16 UTC 2015

On 02/23/2015 11:20 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 23 Feb 2015, at 19:32, Shyam <srangana at redhat.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>>> 4 of the regression runs also created coredumps.  Uploaded the
>>> archived_builds and logs here:
>>>
>>>   http://mirror.salasaga.org/gluster/
>>>
>>> (are those useful?)
>>
>> Yes, these are useful as they contain a very similar crash in each of the cores, so we could be looking at a single problem to fix here.
>
> Do you have a few minutes to check if this coredump (release-3.6 branch) is
> also the same problem?
>
> http://mirror.salasaga.org/gluster/release-3.6/bulkregression17/

Yup, it is the same as the others. One of the threads is on cleanup_and
exit and the other is processing a disconnect and crashed while cleaning
up a list (stacks similar to the older one, and same as the one on bug
#1195415)

Shyam

> Ran 20x regression runs on the release-3.6 branch head, and the above was
> the only one to coredump.  Several spurious errors, but that's for a later
> email (probably tomorrow). :)

This rules out the possibility of this being due to MT epoll, but
probably more frequent with the same (based on statistics in this mail).

Needs a fix irrespective, anyway.

Shyam