[Gluster-devel] Data Classification: would it be possible to have a RAM-disk as caching tier?

Joseph Fernandes josferna at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 10:54:15 UTC 2015

Hi Niels,

Well the idea is good, RAM-Disk would fastest and with no extra cost +
We may have gluster brick from RAM-Disk[1]
The one and the biggest challenge would be durability of data on RAM-Disks
Using RAM for caching is good, as the cache will have only the copy of the original data
but in case of tiering, the original data sits on the tier(not the copy).

Dan your thoughts.

Thanks,
Joe

1. https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2013-05/msg00118.html