[Gluster-devel] Data Classification: would it be possible to have a RAM-disk as caching tier?

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 10:44:37 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

at FOSDEM one of our users spoke to me about their deployment and
environment. It seems that they have a *very* good deal with their
hardware vendor, which makes it possible to stuff their servers full
with RAM for a minimal difference of the costs.

They expressed interest in having a RAM-disk as caching tier on the
bricks. Would a configuration like this be possible with the
data-classification feature [1]?

Thanks,
Niels

1. http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Features/data-classification