[Gluster-devel] missing files

David F. Robinson david.robinson at corvidtec.com
Wed Feb 11 11:22:56 UTC 2015

Don't think it is the underlying file system. /data/brickxx is the underlying xfs. Performance to this is fine. When I created a volume it just puts the data in /data/brick/test2. The underlying filesystem shouldn't know/care that it is in a new directory.

Also, if I create a /data/brick/test2 volume and put data on it, it gets slow in gluster. But, writing to /data/brick is still fine. And, after test2 gets slow, I can create a /data/test3 volume that is empty and its speed is fine.

My knowledge is admittedly very limited here, but I don't see how it could be the underlying filesystem if the slowdown only occurs on the gluster mount and not on the underlying xfs filesystem.

David  (Sent from mobile)

David F. Robinson, Ph.D.
President - Corvid Technologies
704.799.6944 x101 [office]