[Gluster-devel] Recognizing contributors and displaying other useful bits?

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Dec 16 14:06:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

Many GUI tools provide an "About" box that displays some information
about the project. Some applications (Wireshark for example) go an extra
step by including a list of all people that contributed patches. That is
quite a nice way for contributors to see the appreciation of their work.

I think it would be really awesome if we could do something similar. We
have our reserved+hidden ".glusterfs" directory where all access is
denied. We could populate this directory with static compiled-in
contents. When accessed from a client, the licenses, versions, authors
and other bits could be displayed. A normal readdir should still not
list the directory at all (no change from current behaviour).

Any thoughts?
Niels