[Gluster-devel] glusterfs blocked.

yang.bin18 at zte.com.cn yang.bin18 at zte.com.cn
Wed Apr 29 08:23:59 UTC 2015

>> I add some private function in dht_create() as bellow.
>>
>> When current pwd is not "/",everything is ok,otherwise,syncop_getxattr
will
>> be blocked(In target subvol,"server3_3_getxatt" did not run ).
>>

>> dict_t *xattr = NULL;
>> loc_t loc = {0, };
>> memset (loc.gfid, 0, 16);
>> loc.gfid[15] = 1;
>> ret = syncop_getxattr (subvol, &loc, &xattr,GF_XATTR_PATHINFO_KEY);
>Could you post your private patch in this thread? It would be useful to
>discuss the specifics of why glusterfs is blocked.

>syncop_XXX functions should be called only from threads other than
>threads executing event_dispatch_epoll_handler. You could attach gdb to
your hung
>process and confirm that the syncop_getxattr call is executing on a
thread that has
>event_dispatch_epoll_handler early on its stack.

>What is the goal of your private patch? If I may guess, are you trying
>to create files on a brick that is on the same machine as your mount
point,
>when possible? If so, DHT has Non-uniform file allocation policy (NUFA)
analagous
>to NUMA in memory architectures.
>For more information, see
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/doc/admin-guide/en-US/markdown/admin_managing_volumes.md#non-uniform-file-allocation

HTH,
KP

We want to place file on any subvol other than local ,in the contrary of
NUFA。

From GDB ,syncop_getxattr is on the same backtrace of
"event_dispatch_epoll_handler" which runing in main thread.So any response
can not come in ?

Great thanks!

YB

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail (and any attachment transmitted herewith) is privileged and confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  If you are not an intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of the information contained is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this mail in error, please delete it and notify us immediately.