[Gluster-devel] glusterfs blocked.

Krishnan Parthasarathi kparthas at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 04:03:22 UTC 2015

> I add some private function in dht_create() as bellow.
>
> When current pwd is not "/",everything is ok,otherwise,syncop_getxattr will
> be blocked(In target subvol,"server3_3_getxatt" did not run ).
>

> dict_t *xattr = NULL;
> loc_t loc = {0, };
> memset (loc.gfid, 0, 16);
> loc.gfid[15] = 1;
> ret = syncop_getxattr (subvol, &loc, &xattr,GF_XATTR_PATHINFO_KEY);
Could you post your private patch in this thread? It would be useful to
discuss the specifics of why glusterfs is blocked.

syncop_XXX functions should be called only from threads other than
threads executing event_dispatch_epoll_handler. You could attach gdb to your hung
process and confirm that the syncop_getxattr call is executing on a thread that has
event_dispatch_epoll_handler early on its stack.

What is the goal of your private patch? If I may guess, are you trying
to create files on a brick that is on the same machine as your mount point,
when possible? If so, DHT has Non-uniform file allocation policy (NUFA) analagous
to NUMA in memory architectures.
For more information, see https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/doc/admin-guide/en-US/markdown/admin_managing_volumes.md#non-uniform-file-allocation

HTH,
KP