[Gluster-devel] attaching tier and starting rebalance daemon in single command, (needed to see all directories)

Krishnan Parthasarathi kparthas at redhat.com
Thu Apr 23 05:41:01 UTC 2015

> >> What I need to do is combine those two commands into a single one.
> >>
> >> What I am thinking is, at the cli level, we would first send the attach
> >> command, and if it returns successfully, send the "tier start" command.

Composing "attach-tier" and "tier-start" commands in cli is an acceptable solution.
Remember that other commands on this volume can be executed between the composed
"attach-tier" and "tier-start" command, possibly failing the tier-start command with
"Another transaction in progress" error. This could happen as the volume transaction
lock is released at the end of a command.

Alternately, you could start the promotion/demotion daemon on nodes that have
'relevant' bricks in the attach-tier command. You could choose depending on which
approach is maintainable for you.

HTH,
KP