[Gluster-devel] metdata-volume for gluster

Rajesh Joseph rjoseph at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 10:20:08 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Right now it would be manual because automatic means we not only
need to create the volume but manage them. Which would need an
entire management frame. I think the next phase should be to
achieve this.

> b. configuration through gluster cli

What do you mean by configuration?

> few suggestions
> a. disable access through any mechanisms other than fuse/gfapi.(Samba and
> NFS should not export.)

Right now there is no restriction on export. I think it might be good to disable
NFS and Samba access.

> b. Restrict access to peer nodes.

I think we should consider this when we have the meta-volume management implementation.

> Question:
> What would be the replica count of the said volume and would that be ok for
> every use case
> mentioned above?

Since we support only 3-way replication we are recommending the same.