[Gluster-devel] glusterfs-api 3.4 dependency on python 2.6 causing problems

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon Sep 22 12:50:13 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 05:10:51PM +0530, B.K.Raghuram wrote:
> We have an interesting problem. In order to have a supported version of the
> linux kernel for our CPU (Intel's Avoton), we need a kernel version > 3.15.
> To get this kernel version, we need to be on centos 7(Same with the later
> versions of Ubuntu). Centos 7 installs and requires python 2.7. and if we
> go with this, then we cannot install gluster 3.4.x because of the python
> dependency for the older python version in the glusterfs-api package.
>
> Is there a possibility of bumping up the python requirement in that package
> to python 2.7 anytime soon?

Could you point us to the packages that you are using? At least the
releases for glusterfs-3.4 and the nightly builds for EPEL-7 have a
requirement on python-2.7. This dependency should be generated while the
RPMs get build for the specific distribution.

You can get the packages here:
- http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.4/LATEST/CentOS/epel-7/x86_64/

Or, use this .repo file for YUM:
- http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/3.4/LATEST/CentOS/glusterfs-epel.repo