[Gluster-devel] glusterfs-api 3.4 dependency on python 2.6 causing problems

B.K.Raghuram bkrram at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 11:40:51 UTC 2014

We have an interesting problem. In order to have a supported version of the
linux kernel for our CPU (Intel's Avoton), we need a kernel version > 3.15.
To get this kernel version, we need to be on centos 7(Same with the later
versions of Ubuntu). Centos 7 installs and requires python 2.7. and if we
go with this, then we cannot install gluster 3.4.x because of the python
dependency for the older python version in the glusterfs-api package.

Is there a possibility of bumping up the python requirement in that package
to python 2.7 anytime soon?

Thanks,
-Ram