[Gluster-devel] Regarding the coding guidelines script

Krutika Dhananjay kdhananj at redhat.com
Mon Sep 22 11:26:43 UTC 2014

Hi,

I just ran ./rfc.sh to push my patch our for review and it failed the checkpatch.pl test.

One of the warnings says the following:

WARNING: quoted string split across lines
#93: FILE: xlators/cluster/afr/src/afr-self-heal-entry.c:237:
+ gf_log (this->name, GF_LOG_DEBUG, "Gfid mismatch "
+ "detected for <%s/%s>, %s on %s and %s on %s. "

I am not sure how we can get around this.
Most of our gf_log() message strings (especially the ones inside nested blocks) will easily exceed 80 columns if this rule is going to be enforced.
Do we really need this check?

-Krutika