[Gluster-devel] Proposal for GlusterD-2.0

Prasad, Nirmal nprasad at idirect.net
Thu Sep 11 16:01:28 UTC 2014

I really hope whatever the outcome and final choice is ... as an end user I hope that Gluster stays as simple to deploy as it is today.

Yes, the peers and volume files would be nice to be in one cloud storage (chicken and egg problem - gluster is a cloud storage but it unable to bootstrap its own stuff into its own cloud infra) and overall aim is to get scalability.

All heavy products with their own servers, large key value stores are fancy tools that take a long time to setup and have their own problems.

-Nirmal