[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Dependency issue while installing glusterfs-3.6beta with vdsm

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Fri Oct 31 13:09:22 UTC 2014

On 10/31/2014 08:30 AM, Anders Blomdell wrote:
> Could we get the compat package into master/release-3.6 in the interim
> to ease tracking/testing?

Hi,

I don't think we want to do that.

For one, many think it's a hack. I don't see the value of committing
what's thought by some to be a hack into the tree. And frankly, given
that, I don't think it could get the votes in review to be committed to
the tree.

I'll have versioned symbols very soon — unless I get hit by a bus. If we
were to commit the hack and then I get hit by a bus we risk that the
hack stays in the tree. ;-)

--

Kaleb