[Gluster-devel] Hanging regression test causes delay in running smoke tests

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 15:45:16 UTC 2014

Hi Venky,

http://build.gluster.org/job/regression/4932/ was hanging and caused the
master Jenkins server to block. I have now aborted this regression run
so that smoke tests can proceed.

I have also aborted the scheduled regression test runs for 8959 and
8964. 8964 got picked up by the automated job scheduler (tests run as
the rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered job). 8959 has been scheduled to
run the rackspace-regression-2GB job.

These rackspace-regression-* jobs distribute themselves over several
slave*.cloud.gluster.org servers, making it possible to run regression
tests and smoke tests parralel.

I think the 'regression' test in Jenkins should not be used anymore. I
am not sure why it is still listed, maybe one of our Jenkins admins can
remove the job.

Thanks,
Niels