[Gluster-devel] How do (sub)maintainers watch out for available patches to review/merge?

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 15:11:01 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 09:31:54AM -0400, Shyamsundar Ranganathan wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
> 1) One of the ways to get this done would be to _somehow_ have a query
> that lists patches where the maintainers component files are touched.
> This would catch all changes pertaining to the component.
>
> 2) Other than this, there could be some repercussion to a component
> due to other commits, in this case I would expect the component owner,
> of the seemingly unrelated commit as per (1), to flag other
> maintainers for a review.
>
> I am not sure how to do (1) :)

Indeed, the Gerrit query functionality does not allow you to filter on
modified files (or directory structures). I would like such an option
too. At the moment I have notifications setup for specific directories
and files. A screenshot with the configuration has been added to the
"Guidelines for Maintainers" page.

> What I do now, is to watch out for some components (like DHT) by going
> through the daily gerrit review mails, and adding myself to things of
> interest, so that this just shows up in my list of things to do.

Yes, that sounds very much like how I'm doing it. Although I'm not sure
if the notification I use are the same as the "daily gerrit review
mails" you mention?

Thanks,
Niels