[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Please test GlusterFS 3.6.0 beta3 on OSX!

Harshavardhana harsha at harshavardhana.net
Fri Oct 24 18:32:44 UTC 2014

> Sure, I wasn't questioning that. I was expecting (guessing) that compiling
> would need system fuse headers, but looking deeper I see that that seems not
> to be the case.

Ah no not really, it exactly like how we build FUSE client for Linux -
there is no
external dependency other than the kernel module.

> This is what configure reports, and the brew packages I have installed. How
> does this compare to what you get, is it the same?
>
> GlusterFS configure summary
> ===========================
> FUSE client          : yes
> Infiniband verbs     : no
> epoll IO multiplex   : no
> argp-standalone      : yes
> fusermount           : no
> readline             : no (present but missing undo)
> georeplication       : no
> Linux-AIO            : no
> Enable Debug         : no
> systemtap            : yes
> Block Device xlator  : no
> glupy                : no
> Use syslog           : yes
> XML output           : no
> QEMU Block formats   : no
> Encryption xlator    : no
> Erasure Code xlator  : yes

Yes this is what i get.

> [~/src/git/glusterfs-release-3.6] kaleb% brew list
> autoconf        gdbm    openssl python
> automake        libtool osxfuse readline
> cmockery2       libxml2 pkg-config      sqlite

$ brew list
autoconf        bash-completion cmockery2       gettext         libtool
mobile-shell    openssl         protobuf        wget            yasm
automake        cmake           emacs           libevent        libxml2
node            pkg-config      tmux            xz           yuicompressor

--
Religious confuse piety with mere ritual, the virtuous confuse
regulation with outcomes