[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Please test GlusterFS 3.6.0 beta3 on OSX!

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 12:07:37 UTC 2014

On 10/23/2014 06:23 PM, Harshavardhana wrote:
>> I have done a `brew fetch osxfuse`  and I've got
>> /Library/Caches/Homebrew/osxfuse-2.7.2.yosemite.bottle.tar.gz.
>>
>> ??? Seems like I could just untar that in /usr/local/Cellar. Seem
>> reasonable?
>
> We don't necessarily need OSXFUSE headers all, all we need is
> /dev/fuse with the
> kernel module loaded - so if the kext is installed and loadable it
> should be fine :-).
>
> You should have done
>
> # brew remove osxfuse

I never had the Homebrew osxfuse installed...

> And perhaps then installed through 'dmg',

Yes, I took your suggestion and did that...

> and the 'dmg doesn't install
> in '/usr/local/Cellar', since it isn't
> part of the brew build.

Sure, I wasn't questioning that. I was expecting (guessing) that
compiling would need system fuse headers, but looking deeper I see that
that seems not to be the case.

This is what configure reports, and the brew packages I have installed.
How does this compare to what you get, is it the same?

GlusterFS configure summary
===========================
FUSE client          : yes
Infiniband verbs     : no
epoll IO multiplex   : no
argp-standalone      : yes
fusermount           : no
readline             : no (present but missing undo)
georeplication       : no
Linux-AIO            : no
Enable Debug         : no
systemtap            : yes
Block Device xlator  : no
glupy                : no
Use syslog           : yes
XML output           : no
QEMU Block formats   : no
Encryption xlator    : no
Erasure Code xlator  : yes

[~/src/git/glusterfs-release-3.6] kaleb% brew list
autoconf	gdbm	openssl	python
automake	libtool	osxfuse	readline
cmockery2	libxml2	pkg-config	sqlite

--