[Gluster-devel] How to resolve gfid (and .glusterfs symlink) for a deleted file

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Sat Nov 22 06:34:29 UTC 2014

On 11/21/2014 09:04 PM, Nux! wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I deleted a file by mistake in a brick. I never managed to find out its gfid so now I have a rogue symlink in .glusterfs pointing to it (if I got how it works).
> Any way I can discover which is this file and get rid of it?
symlinks exist in .glusterfs for directories. For files it will be
hardlinks. If the volume has replicate, you have the file even on the
other brick in replication, so you can find the gfid. Accessing this
file from mount will try to re-create the file, but the linking will
fail because the rogue link still exists.

If your system doesn't have hardlinks, you can probably do a 'find' for
files with link-count as '1'

Pranith