[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Glusterfs backlogs

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 18:52:56 UTC 2014

On 11/13/2014 05:13 PM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 04:31:38PM +0530, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> While I was looking into glusterd backlogs I could see there are few BZs
>> which were marked as "needinfo" on the reporter as the information was
>> not sufficient enough for further analysis and the reporter hasn't
>> gotten back with the required details.
>>
>> Ideally we should close these bugs saying inadequate information,
>> however I am just wondering should we set a timeline for the waiting
>> period like 1 or 2 weeks if not more and then close all such instances
>> to reduce the count.
>>
>> What do you guys think?
> Sounds good to me. I do not care much about the 1 or 2 weeks, lets see
> if others have an opinion about it.
>
> When you have some reactions, could you add a paragraph to the Bug
> Triage guidelines [1] about this? It would be good to have a link in
> there that lists bugs in NEW status, have a NEEDINFO set and their last
> update was X weeks ago.
>
> Thanks,
> Niels
>
> 1. http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Bug_triage

+1 to the idea of closing a bug if we dont get required information in a
stipulated time frame. However I would suggest a more lenient time frame
i.e. at least 4 weeks. That gives ample time for the reporter to
respond. I think 4 weeks are enough even if someone goes for a vacation
after filing the bug :)

Thanks,
Lala